As A Job
- 3D animation has a lot of demand in the animation industry because of its much realistic look and feel because of using computer generated images but with a lot more depth in comparison to 2D animation.
- An animator specialized in 3D animation, creates images using digital models. Once it is created, other details are included such as grass, hair, trees, skin etc. to complete the image.
- 3D animators create both long featured movies as well as short skits that are used for website animations or advertisements. In fact, they also create animations for video games. Depending on their specialization, one can create animated people whereas the other might be working on the background animation such as buildings and landscapes.
- In fact, a 3D animator has to work with lot of other people while creating an animated scene. For example, if a 3D animator works for a film then he will be working with the director and writer of the film. Also, at times they might need to work with the voice actors and music directors.
- To become a 3D animator, one requires proper knowledge. For that, one can pursue a four year course and also do a master’s degree program in 3D animation. These courses are a combination of computer subject, art, natural sciences and anatomy.
Nowadays, reputed animation studios which are involved in creating movies or website designing or advertising, hire students holding a degree in 3D animation. Individuals can also get involved in creation of various video games.